Introducing Balance, a program to help employees focus on their behavioral health
According to a study released on July 8, nearly 60% of businesses are offering some type of mental health support to employees.1 And it’s no surprise why; the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic has turned most employees’ worlds upside down. According to Harvard Business Review, as of May 1, “75% of people say they feel more socially isolated, 67% of people report higher stress, 57% are feeling greater anxiety, and 53% say they feel more emotionally exhausted” since the pandemic began.2
There are a wide variety of emotional health resources and well-being applications that are available to employees. However, some of these resources do not connect employees to the care they need. Quest Diagnostics and Johns Hopkins Medicine have collaborated to offer employers an innovative, clinical behavioral health solution. The Balance Program, developed and offered by Johns Hopkins Medicine, integrates a behavioral health assessment (the Balance questionnaire) into an employer’s already existing health screening program. Participants receive real time results, recommendations and an optional confidential consultation with a Balance Care Concierge, who can guide them to the right care they need, at the right time, and from the right resources.
The Balance process:
- Participants complete the Balance questionnaire to screen for depression, anxiety, and other behavioral health issues
- It takes less than 10 minutes
- If an individual is at immediate risk of harming themselves or others, proper emergency departments will be notified
- Based on assessment results, participants can opt in to speak with behavioral health experts (Balance Care Concierges) to get the support they need
- Balance Care Concierges review assessment results with the participant and discuss any issues the participant may be having
- All Balance Care Concierges are Johns Hopkins Medicine-trained behavioral health specialists
- Participants are connected to employer-specific resources and local, in-network mental health professionals for continued care
To learn more about adding the Johns Hopkins Balance program to your health screening offering, contact us.
- 39% of employees feel less productive during the COVID-19 pandemic; employers have responded with mental health support and workday changes. PRN Newswire. July 8, 2020. Accessed July 8, 2020. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/39-of-employees-feel-less-productive-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-employers-have-responded-with-mental-health-support-and-workday-changes-301089875.html
- Ryan Smith. How CEOs can support employee mental health in a crisis. Harvard Business Review. May 1, 2020. Accessed July 8, 2020. https://hbr.org/2020/05/how-ceos-can-support-employee-mental-health-in-a-crisis
Insights from Quest Diagnostics
Sign up to receive the latest news and insights about health and well-being.
Thanks for signing up!
You’re all set to begin receiving white papers from Quest Diagnostics.