Give employees knowledge when returning to the workplace
Quest Diagnostics offers a nationwide employer population health program to help employers streamline SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) testing and care for their employees. Offering virology and/or antibody testing provides employees the knowledge they need about their COVID-19 status and may help employees feel more confident as they return to work.
Tell us more about your organization so we can help you implement the best SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) testing solutions for your population.
Return-to-work SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) testing options
- Virology testing
- A polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- This testing looks for viral RNA in a nasal swab specimen
- A positive result indicates an active infection
- Antibody testing
- SARS-CoV-2 IgG testing
- Specimen collected via a venipuncture blood draw
- A positive result may suggest immunity after resolution of primary infection, but the relationship between IgG positivity and immunity to SARS-CoV- 2 is unknown.
The antibody tests (sometimes known as the serology tests or IgG tests) are intended for use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection. Results are for the detection of SARS CoV-2 antibodies. IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 are generally detectable in blood several days after initial infection, although the duration of time antibodies are present post-infection is not well characterized. At this time, it is unknown for how long antibodies persist following infection and if the presence of antibodies confers protective immunity. Individuals may have detectable virus present for several weeks following seroconversion. Negative results do not preclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. If acute infection is suspected, molecular testing for SARSCoV-2 is necessary. The antibody test should not be used to diagnose acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. False positive results for the antibody test may occur due to cross-reactivity from pre-existing antibodies or other possible causes.
· The antibody tests and the molecular tests (together “All tests”) have not been FDA cleared or approved;
· All tests have been authorized by FDA under EUAs for use by authorized laboratories;
· The antibody tests have been authorized only for the detection of IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens;
· The molecular tests have been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARSCoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and,
· All tests are only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
FAQs for employers
Have questions about COVID-19 employee testing? Read our frequently asked questions.
Download the Product Highlights sheet to learn more about our Go-to-work temperature check offering.